Saturday, January 28, 2012

When There's a Place You Wanna Go...

Is my toddler mommy-ness showing? Anyone else humming the Dora the Explorer song? Well, my map kicks Dora's map's ass! Mike's mom made maps for two other weddings. I was so excited for my map! Mike's mom is definitely the source of a lot of his artistic talent. I told her I wanted fairies and the Sunken Gardens sign. She came up with the idea of putting our childhood homes on the map since we grew up so close to each other and so close to our venue. So, sweet.

Isn't it beautiful? I love that she added us and our kids in the little pink get away car. So cute! She really nailed the sign. I love the fairies, but I especially love the mushrooms! She hand painted the parchment paper texture for the background. My mother-in-law is sooooo better than your mother-in-law. Hee, hee!

On the back we used the border and background texture, but scanned in hand written information. There are directions of course, RSVP website, dress code and information about bringing children. I think it looks great! I'm so excited to put the maps in the envelopes and send off these invitations. They really are the icing on the cake. Perfect.

Huge thanks to the artist who made them, Lara for getting it to us and Jasandra for printing them when our printer died!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Very original and artistic; wonderfully unique; complex and elegant and informative. Really neat, Katie. Five out of five stars !~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did an amazing job....and she should start selling on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so adorbale..it reminds me of the map from the princess bride (idk if u ever read the book) but i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and unique! But now that !@#%% Dora song is so stuck in my head I had a silly dream about it, THANKSOMUCH!!!!!! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That came out SO great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the wonderful comments, it is important to me that each of my maps reflect the personalities of the bride and groom and be a keepsake as well as directions. This wedding will truly be the work of so many loving hearts. Doreen

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.