Friday, January 6, 2012

False Alarm

So, when I woke up this morning there was already a message on my phone.

"This is Dick with Sunken Garden's Bar Services. It's important that you give me a call back..."

At first I thought it was no big deal. He was probably verifying my caterer or something. I called and left him a message, but as the day wore on, no response. I started to worry that something really bad might have happened.

I tried him again a littlle while a go, it went like this:
Hi, thanks for calling me back. You're weddings on the 21st right?
(Freaking out that he knows my name and wedding date off the top of his head.)Yes.
Who's your caterer?
I tell him
Well, we have a problem...(he's obviously reading something). We can't do your liquor...are you having a bar?
No, we're not
Oh, ok. Phew! We have a party of 400 booked at (another venue) the same night.
Well, I guess everything's alright then. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
No problem.

So in the end it's a good thing we're not doing a bar because we would have been sunk. I wonder what event has 400 people on a Wedsday? Our venue is city owned so you can't bring your own booze and our caterer isn't licensed to serve alcohol outside their resturant so most people use the venue's bar service, but aparently so do a few other city owned venues. Anyway, I'm so relieved there's no major issues (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.