Monday, January 16, 2012

Update Monday!


Done
  • Bridesmaids Shirts are done & ordered!
  • Linen Rentals
  • Hair and Make-up (trials Feb 8th Happy Birthday to me)
  • Wedding day underthings
  • Mike Ordered the stones for his wedding ring (he's making the setting himself)
  • Addresses for invitations have been verified!
  • Supplies for remaining centerpieces have been gathered/ordered.
  • Set up meeting with florist to go over centerpiece and decor needs
Still Looking Forward To
  • Sending out invitations.
  • Having another bridesmaids get together! I love my girls.
  • My hair and make-up trial (and to a lesser extend my 30th birthday)
  • My shower and bachelorette party
  • Reading the finished ceremony
  • The wedding!!

I've done most of my work far in advance and I'm tired. I want to tie up the last loose ends and then sit back and count the days. Mike is chomping at the bit to get going on more centerpieces which is so exciting. I wish I had his talent for making something beautiful out of raw materials. Speaking of, he insists on making his ring himself. It will have an emerald to match my engagement ring and then two smaller stones. I'm nervous that since all of his projects are happening right now he'll run out of time or steam. He promised to have a ring by the wedding day, though. That's important to me.

Mike wants to do the centerpieces, make his ring, draw a sketch for the linen guy, bake an example cake for the bakery, pick out his wedding clothes, decorate the reception and (time permitting) make a guest book. I have to finish the slide show, finish the wedding time line and wrap up the vow writing. I'm also going to be communicating with vendors on Mike's behalf as projects get finished or questions arise. It's the complete opposite of the beginning of the process when my to do list was a legal pad long and his had two items.

Onward towards the wedding day!

65 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.