Monday, October 3, 2011

Update Monday


Done
  • Finalized invitation design
  • Ordered bridesmaids necklaces
  • Contacted linen rental company for estimate
  • Started working on guest book quilt ideas with the lovely Lara
  • Found my wedding band
  • Started play list and wedding time line
Looking Forward To
  • More DIY
  • Getting our invitations
  • Finishing the wedding play list
  • Ceremony writing
  • Seeing my dress

I was a little ring obsessed this week. Maybe because I don't own or wear a lot of jewelry I felt like this was really important. I know I should stop being surprised that the simple thing I am completely in love with is hard/impossible to find/afford. It was a roller coaster ride, but looking back it's become standard procedure. I pick something to "look in to". Mike has a passionate explosion on the subject and I cry. I re-think my original idea after said conversation. I do research and get feedback. I go on a treasure hunt. I find something. I get super excited. Mike is surprisingly apathetic. I move on to the next item on the to-do list at which point we start over.

I haven't written word one of the ceremony. It just feels too overwhelming. Instead I've decided to focus on music and the general time line. I added a section to our guest website to list some of the music we've decided on the song requests so far. I kept thinking of songs and not writing them down so I started a word document to keep track. I've got a time line from my friends wedding with songs on it (she gave it to her DJ) which helps a lot. I hope I can have a rough draft done by the end of the week.

170 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.