Friday, March 30, 2012

Bridesmaids Emergency Kits

As most of you remember I made my bridesmaids personalized tote bags with cute little mushroom tags on them. Inside the bags went their t-shirts, necklaces and emergency kits. I passed them out at the bachelorette party.

I assigned the kits to one of the girls, but ended up finding a bunch of stuff on a Target trip so we each contributed about half the contents. I think they came out great and they definitely got used. Yay!

I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to put the kits in. I'd already spent a decent amount and didn't want $25 dollar a piece make-up bags from Etsy (although there were super cute ones). I struck out looking for cool pencil cases. In the end I just got cute little birdie boxes from Target. They were larger than I intended, but we filled them. They weren't a perfect fit inside the bags, but I think they looked ok. My fondest hope is that the girls will find a spot on there desk or in their bathroom for them.

Contents
  • Deodorant (travel size)
  • Shout Stain Wipes
  • Nail File (full size)
  • Lotion
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Tampons & Pads
  • Lint Roller (full size): smaller probably would have fit better
  • Pill Case with Advil & Antihistamine
  • Make-up remover wipes
  • White & Clear nail polish
  • Tissues
  • Mentos mints
  • Sewing kits
  • Chocolates
  • Bandaids
  • Chapstick
  • Hairspray (travel size)
  • Q-tips

I did the list from memory, emails and pictures, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate. We were supposed to also have bobby pin matchbooks, but those never happened. I bought a bunch of bobbypins, but then forgot to bring them to the salon and then my maid of honor had to run out for more while I was getting my hair done. So, bobby pins in the kits is a good plan. Other than that I think they were perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.