Monday, March 5, 2012

Update Monday!


Done
  • Mike picked his tie, ordered his shirt and bought his pants. All that's left is his vest.
  • Met with florist and picked up centerpiece supplies.
  • The boys made a plan for the bachelor party this weekend.
  • Ordered my wedding hoodie and shoes
  • Ordered Isaac's pants. Now I just need to find him a shirt and all the boys I live with have their wedding attire.
  • Mike's Ring
  • Flower Girl Books
Still Looking Forward To
  • My sister flying in Next Week
  • Phone meeting with photographer.
  • Finishing the slide show and play list.
  • The Last DIY's
  • Mike's Bachelor Party
  • My bachelorette/bridal shower weekend
  • Packing for the honeymoon!!
  • The wedding!!

Ok, now I'm a little freaked out. Mostly during my sleep though. The nightmares are unrelenting. I dreamt about problems with my dress, the bridesmaids dresses (some of that one came true), losing people, forgetting things...It's exhausting! Seriously, most of my stress during waking hours has to do with other people. Topping the list is my procrastinating groom who picked the ties for the boys this weekend. Finalizing the menswear has had me scurrying all over town and stressed.

In addition to that there are guests who are traveling trying to make their accommodations which in some cases has been stressful for me. Then there's my bridal shower the weekend before so some people are coming for the weekend, going home and coming back for the wedding. It can get tricky. If I stopped worrying about adults who more than likely can fend for themselves I'd make it easier on myself.

Also, the realization that we don't have a few weeks, but rather two weekends left is a little unnerving. Again, all of my projects are on track (or dispensable) it's Mike that has me worried. He'll be gone overnight Friday and I'm assuming fairly useless Saturday so that leaves him Sunday to work on things. Next weekend I'm kicking him out overnight for my bachelorette and then leaving the kids with him for the shower. Time for productivity is limited. Then again he seems to prefer finishing at the last minute. It'll probably be beautiful.

I have acquired everything I'm going to acquire for the wedding. If we don't have it at this point, we don't need it. I'm giving myself this week to finish DIY projects and then I'm retiring from them. If the baskets for the flower girls are undecorated or the reserved signs are just printed pieces of paper, oh well! I need a buffer between prep and party and I think this is the best I can do. Although crafting eases my stress and I may do non-wedding related projects.

16 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.