Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Update Tuesday

I dropped the ball and wrote a regular post yesterday because it was a holiday and it didn't feel like a Monday. Also, because Riley had a birthday and my sister is in town, hurray! So, I've been beyond busy with life stuff.

Done
  • Booked a cake maker!
  • Ordered invitation samples.
  • Painstakingly, wrote a draft of the invitation wording.
  • Found someone to do henna for the bachelorette party.
  • Have confirmed that 3 out of 4 bridesmaids have their shoes.
  • I am in the final week of my Bridechilla course
Looking Forward To
  • Bridesmaids dinner on Wednesday!
  • Dress fitting for bridesmaids on Thursday.
  • Ring shopping

I'm so tired, it's hard to articulate thoughts. I'm excited that we have the whole wedding party in town at once this week. I adore my wedding party beyond words, I really do. They are all beautiful, intelligent women who care about me and have a unique set of talents and experience to bring to the table. I bow to your respective awesomeness, ladies.

I'm wrapping up my wedding planning e-course this week. I'm kind of bummed. I made some friends and felt infinitely more secure in "doing my own thing." I'm going to miss my classmates and a direct line to the "Offbeat Bride" herself. I think I got the most out of the week we covered conflict resolution. There is a serious lack of conflict resolution training amongst wedding resources. I learned a lot about myself that week. It was worth the time and money spent. I'll miss my "me time" Monday nights.

We now have a date, a venue, a caterer, a photographer, a florist, a videographer and a cake maker. We're DIYing our music so no music related professionals are required. I've got a dress in production. We've agreed on a basic design concept for the invitations. The next big hurdles are finding rings and writing the ceremony.

197 days!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Tick off the list little by little. That's the way to do it without losing your sanity. Can't wait for the dress and rings!!

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.