- Plain large grapevine wreath
- Smaller grapevine wreathes (to unravel)
- Spray Adhesive
- Brown paint
- Foam brush
- Assorted moss
- Cropadile/Hole punch
- Twist ties/barked wire
It took a break from the project, some fresh supplies and another viewing of Midsummer Night's Dream to get me started again. This time with a much bigger wreath. The nice thing about my enchanted woods decor is it's supposed to be imperfect and natural looking. It takes some pressure off. I kind of feel like I cheated this time because it was sooooo much easier than my failed first attempt. I will warn you though, working with moss gets very messy.
I turned the wreath on it's side. I cut a piece of cardboard (old Amazon box) the size of the opening (yay, recycling!). I painted the cardboard brown with acrylic paint and a foam brush. I coated it in spray adhesive I placed the wreath on top and started placing moss and twigs on the sticky surface. I poked holes in the corners of the cardboard and fed wire ties through to hold the cardboard to the wreath. The best part is I can untwist the wire and re-use the wreth after the wedding. There really wasn't much to it. I plan on letting it sit with books on it for a few more hours and then I may add some more decoration to the main wreath (nest) part. I will be making a cute little sign to the affect of thanks for feathering our nest/adding to our nest egg. It'll be cuter than it sounds. I assure you Mike will roll his eyes and sigh, but I will be pleased.
First DIY project for the actual wedding itself, done! Hurray. With cards in it!