Monday, February 27, 2012

Update Monday!


Done
  • Booked Our Honeymoon Disney Cruise. I wasn't sure we'd have one so I'm SUPER EXCITED.
  • Got all my RSVPs
  • Had my make-up trial
  • Made signs for our chairs.
  • Finished the seating chart
  • Cut Favor Tags (need to borrow a printer to finish them)
  • Sent some Thank You cards.
  • Met with the venue for the last time before the rehearsal
  • Scheduled a time to pick up the rest of the centerpiece supplies from the florist.
  • Started the slide show.
  • I'm currently wading through our collective MP3s trying to get a play list together.
  • Mike's bachelor party camping trip is scheduled!
Still Looking Forward To
  • Phone meeting with photographer.
  • Finishing the slide show and play list.
  • Shoe shopping.
  • Finding the boys their tie.
  • Decorating the flower baskets (it's been stumping me)
  • Making reserved signs for the ceremony
  • Mike's Bachelor Party
  • My bachelorette/bridal shower weekend
  • Packing for the honeymoon!!
  • The wedding!!

I intend to do an entire post about it, but WOO HOO Honeymoon!! Mike and I have not been by ourselves (without kids) more than overnight in our whole relationship. I'm talking two or three nights off in the last five years and none of them since Riley was born. Phew, vacation! It definitely makes the final wedding preparations a little less stressful. Every time it gets to be too much I just close my eyes and imagine reading pool side.

Now don't get me wrong the stressful moments happen, but they seem to be fewer now. I keep reading on the wedding boards how panicked these girls feel and thinking, "huh. Not me." I still have 23 days and my last two big projects are underway. I'm in good shape. I'm also beyond excited. People have plane tickets, hotel rooms, hair appointments...it's real. Next week the bulk of our expenses will be paid off and we didn't use a single credit card, go team. We're going to do this and it will be on our terms. I feel the glow I had during the happy moments of pregnancy surrounding me.

I love parties. I'm thinking I'm going to have my own event planning business so I can do what I love, for other people, soon. I'm detail oriented and organized. I micromanage myself. In the last couple days of planning my wedding I'm still overseeing details, but now it's all (cue the cheesy music) about love. All the love and support from friends and family is overwhelming and beautiful. They care as much about my day as I do and I love them for it. Not one person has objected (so far). We've got a lot of people in our corner.

It's not just overwhelming love from family and friends either. Mike and I are a well oiled party machine in general. I plan, organize and communicate with guests. He designs and runs errands. Then we both create! These are the fun days because he no longer looks at me like I have two heads when I ask wedding questions. There's only weeks to go and we're on the same page productivity-wise. We appreciate each other and we get excited together now. I love him and our teamwork so much. It's going to be one hell of a day.

23 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so close! Congrats on booking the honeymoon, that must be so exciting! Looks like you have plenty of things to keep you busy, but it must be so much fun. I can't wait to see your pictures from your wedding, I'm actually really excited about seeing your centerpieces and decorations!

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.