Monday, February 6, 2012

Update Monday!


Done
  • RSVPs have started coming in. We're still waiting on 55 responses.
  • My vows are written. Mike's promises to have his by the weekend prior to the wedding so I can get the officiant a copy.
  • I sent my first thank you cards for wedding gifts!
  • I made our place cards.
  • Met with the officiant and went over the ceremony and her attire.
  • Finalized our order with the florist.
  • All groomsmen have been contacted about the bachelor party and attire.
  • Finished bridesmaids shirts
Still Looking Forward To
  • My 30th Birthday on Wednesday.
  • My hair trial on Wednesday.
  • Phone meeting with photographer.
  • Finding the boys their tie.
  • Assigning the final reading.
  • Decorating the flower girl baskets
  • My shower and bachelorette party
  • Making table names
  • Making our thank you banner
  • The wedding!!

I have become obsessed with checking my wedding website hits and RSVPs. I think the instant gratification of the internet made me worse than I would been waiting for the mailman. On the third or fourth day after the invitations went out every time I hit refresh there were new ones. After a day or two of hourly responses, they stopped coming in at all. I know I gave people until the 21st of February, but I thought there would be a steadier stream of replies. I wonder if most people who haven't replied aren't coming and feel bad telling us. I hope not. We understand having jobs, kids, and medical issues that make travel/a Wednesday night wedding tricky. I never expected 100% attendance. It's ok, to reply no, I won't take it personally. In the meantime, I need a twelve step program to help me get my obsessive RSVP checking.

I've been saying 6weeks. The wedding is in 6weeks. Someone said "You guys ready? Next month, right?" Oh, my. We're crafting our brains out. Centerpieces, shirts, place cards, signs, etc...It's fun. I can't believe how soon it is. Mike even got on the phone with his boys. They have a bachelor party camping trip in the works and they all know what to wear.

It's been finishing touches and meetings with vendors again. It's so strange how long since I've seen them. I'm also having a little bit of the whole "hind sight is 20/20" experience. Now that I know what the whole day will look like there are things I would have done differently. It's so silly to pick out your clothes for a party a year ahead of time for example. Sigh. It'll be fabulous. What ever else the choices I've made are they're very us. We're 2weeks from being able to say one month until the wedding.

44 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.