Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hand Stamped Envelopes

My save the dates are going through the postal system in style. One of my lovely bridesmaids came over and hand stamped the envelopes for my save the dates (all 45 of them!) this weekend. I bought a box of plain ivory invitation sized envelopes (A2, 4 3/8x5 3/4in) at an office supply store. I also got a free black ink return address stamp from Vista Print. Obviously, some prettying up was in order.


I got the leaf stamp at Joann's a long time ago and the dark green ink pad. Miss L just basically stamped around the edges of the envelope creating a layered effect by varying placement and pressure.

Riley crafted too:
Here she is making one pretty for us, what a helper.

I will say, do notstack them. Give yourself plenty of space to lay each one flat not touching anything. Mine were prematurely stacked because I had two kids running around and the backs all have ink smears. The fronts however look beautiful.

I added up hand addressing them with a brown fine tip Sharpie. I did on the advice of the same lovely bridesmaid keep a paper under my hand to prevent smears. This is a good tip especially for a lefty. I thought I had lots of different green inks, but it turned out I only had the one. In the end varying amounts of pressure and ink worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on your feedback. Leave your two cents.