I was chugging along: making notes, calculating amounts, researching things on the internet, checking the couch for loose change. Now, I'm stalled out briefly. Sunken Gardens does not have my first or second choice date. Bummer. I thought, "Ok, we'll just pick a new one." Now, Mike insists we take a few weeks and talk to people before we pick another date. What?!?
Don't get me wrong I want to make sure our parents and wedding party will be there, but they'll have 10mo to make arrangements once we PICK A DATE. Am I being paranoid when I say I am trying to plan and pay for this wedding myself so I stay in the driver's seat and this feels like giving up some power. I'm already bummed about the dates that are gone and now we have to convene a committee to decide what day we do this?!? Ugh.
It's mostly impatience. I mean haven't I waited long enough? On top of that I've got ants in my pants to do my first DIY project. I thought I'd trim the guest list (and figure out how many I needed), confirm the date was available and start designing the save the dates this weekend. Sounded reasonable since I expected to be stopping by with their deposit next week.
Now that the plan has been derailed I'm not sure what to do in the meantime. I wanted to make a simple save the date magnet, but Mike wants it to be "interactive". Hand making 38 interactive save the date magnets sounds time consuming to me. I want to DO something, but how can I make save the dates when I don't have one? I can check people's conflicts, but that stresses me out even more. I don't want to be responsible to a bunch of separate schedules. Why, couldn't my first choice have been available? How could anyone else do it justice?
Waiting stinks. Hopefully it'll only be through the weekend and then we'll have a date AND a venue. Please, oh please, oh please. Money fairy, scheduling fairy and wish granting fairy if you could all coordinate that would be ideal. In the meantime I'm off to cry and stamp my feet a little bit.